REEES Graduate Certificate
REEES offers a Graduate Certificate to graduate students enrolled in M.A. and Ph.D. programs at University of Oregon with a special interest in Russia, Eastern Europe, or former Soviet Eurasia. The certificate may be earned in conjunction with the student’s primary degree, and courses taken to fulfill degree requirements may also be counted toward the certificate. The certificate in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies requires 32 graded graduate-level credits; courses must be passed with a grade of B- or better. Credits used to fulfill the language requirement may not be applied to the 32-credit requirement.
- Language: Four years of university study of one or two Slavic languages, or equivalent competency. The language requirement for the certificate may be completed by either of the following options:
- Four years of a single Slavic language
- A total of four years of two Slavic languages
- Field of concentration: Three graduate-level courses (4 credits each) in a field of concentration.
- Research: A significant (e.g. 25-page) research paper written in conjunction with a course, or written as part of an individualized reading course.
- Electives: Four graduate-level courses (4 credits each), of which two may be in the field of concentration. Language courses beyond the minimum requirement may count as electives.
Contact the REEES Graduate Coordinator for more information:
Phone: 541 346-5052